This blog has been created for me to regularly demonstrate my thoughts and what I have learnt about Future Trends and Emerging Technologies

Tuesday 31 July 2012

iPhone

iPhone 4S
Only this year, when my fiance got given one for work, did I become a big fan of the iPhone. All the stuff it can do, continues to amaze me and we are still stumbling across ways we can use it. I can no longer look at all phones in the same way.

So to find out how much it costs to make stunned me at first and then I found the following chart on How Much does it Cost to Make and iPhone?
iSuppli iPhone 4S Teardown

and then I became stunned at how much they were able to buy an iPhone for in the US as here, for a 16GB iPhone 4S, we pay $1,029 (I am now thinking I need to get someone who is going to America to pick me up one).
They are obviuosly making a profit by selling to an overseas market as it costs them $196 U.S. Dollars to make a 16GB iPhone but they retail at $199 U.S. Dollars making a profit of only $3 U.S. Dollars.

1 comment:

  1. I am just leaving a comment as I have just been informaed, by a fellow student, that the above prices which I have blogged about are the prices those who have a contract. Without a contract, for a 16GB iPhone they cost $649 US Dollars.

    ReplyDelete