This blog has been created for me to regularly demonstrate my thoughts and what I have learnt about Future Trends and Emerging Technologies

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Hmmm,human microchipping?

Why would we, as humans, need to be microchipped?
Tiny chip
The thought of human microchippng scares me.
As someone who is very private and enjoys being pretty much anonymous, I do not like the thought that my every movement could be traced!
And why would my every movement, or anyones movements, need to be traced?

What is contained in a microchip?
A microchip typically contains a unique ID number that can be linked to information contained in an external database, such as personal identification, medical history, medications, allergies, and contact information.

You can see why the people, who are into the idea of being microchipped, would want to promote it as it would be good to have all that information on you at all times so that no matter what happens it is available.
But it is all the thoughts of people getting hold of all that information and what and how they use it which scares me and possibly many more.
There would have to be strict control and regulations when it came to using and accessing the information.
But even then would you totally trust "Big Brother" to stick with the rules and regulations?
 
Maybe it would be good to microchip repeat offenders etc. so authorities could keep an eye on them and make sure they do not offend again.

It is nice, though, to have my dog microchipped although it would suit me better if I was the one who was able to do the tracking so that everytime he wandered off I would be able to find him.

1 comment:

  1. those pet rf tags only have a range of centimetres, but you can get bigger ones that fit on their collar that can be picked up from dozens of metres away

    you can even get gps locators for them now!
    http://www.pawtrack.com/how-it-works/

    fine for a dog, but they look uncomfortably big for a cat,tho, and as for plugging said cat into a usb port to recharge ...!

    ReplyDelete