This blog has been created for me to regularly demonstrate my thoughts and what I have learnt about Future Trends and Emerging Technologies

Friday 24 August 2012

Man drives into harbour

Just had to share thisfollowing  article, which I came across today, as I think it is kind of funny, although it could have ended as a deadly mistake.

Man guided by GPS drives into US harbour.

The guy in this article had just relocated to Alaska and as he was unfamiliar with Alaska decided to put his hands in the trust of his GPS. When the GPS told him to turn a hard right turn which led him down a boat launching ramp!
Thoughts?
Why did he continue to drive when he could see that he was heading down a boat ramp?

As good and handy as GPS's are, anybody who has had any experience with them knows that you still have to use your own instincts and disregard what the GPS says every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment