This blog has been created for me to regularly demonstrate my thoughts and what I have learnt about Future Trends and Emerging Technologies

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Phone Apps

As I was reading about the taxi app for phones it reminded me of, when, my fiance and I, were staying with my sister and brother-in-law, in Auckland, at the start of the year.
My brother-in-law was really enthusiastic about his new iPhone (which he resisted buying for ages as he didn't believe it was any better than an ordinary cellphone) but after being loaned one, from a friend, he realised, with the type of work he does, it was really very useful.
He basically spent all weekend talking up the iPhone, so much so that I wondered whether he was getting some sort of commission everytime one sells!
Anyway, what the taxi app reminded me was that my brother-in-law was trying, for all of us to put our heads together to come up with a phone app idea as this could potentially, if you had the right idea, would make a lot of money. I agree that coming up with an app, which would make heaps of peoples lives easier, would be a fantastic idea.

Andrew Campbell and Ned Moorfield taxi app is a fantastic phone app idea. Sure the taxi companies are fighting it now but it won't be long before they are all using it. For one it would save them money, it would save their clients money and it would save time for both parties. The taxi companies who do not jump on board, with this app, now are likely to see themselves losing business as other taxi companies embrace it.

Time and Money are two things people like to save on. Its common sense that anything that would save people time, money and make life easier people are going to want to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment